What does a life story professional do?
Through in-depth interviews I will record the story of your life, transcribe those interviews and write a personal history of your life in your voice– as if you were speaking conversationally to the reader. I will also interview family members who have stories about you and your life.
I’m a professional journalist who has written 5 books, including a co-authored memoir for Random House, and numerous essays and articles for publications ranging from the New York Times to Ladies Home Journal to the Atlantic. I believe that everyone’s life story is worth telling and I am confident that with my skills I can make your life story compelling.
What will I have when I’m finished?
What is in a personal history?
Who are personal histories for?
Why tell your life story?
To share your wisdom for the future.
To appreciate the present.
To remember the past.
Why Hire Me?
Tell Your True Life Story to founder and renowned author, Erica Manfred
As a journalist for 35 years for websites, magazines and newspapers I’ve interviewed hundreds of people. My articles and essays have appeared in the Village Voice, the New York Times, New Age Journal, Cosmopolitan, Salon, the Atlantic, Ladies Home Journal and many others. As a contributing writer at Bottom Line/Personal, and Seniorplanet.org. I’ve interviewed both celebrities and ordinary people.
I’ve written a number of books, including He’s History You’re Not; Surviving Divorce after Forty It has become a classic in the field of divorce.
I started my career in ghostwriting by co-authoring a memoir about a haunted house, The Demon of Brownsville Road.
I recently wrote Macro Man the life story of a local retired dentist whose family wanted the story of his life in book form to distribute at his 100th birthday party.
My own memoir: I’m Old So Why Aren’t I Wise has just been published.
I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to tell your story
The most most terrifying, well-documented, and absolutely true story of paranormal activity and demonic infestation ever written.
Former Army intelligence officer and prominent politician, Bob Cranmer, tells the story of his family—including himself, his wife Lesa, their four children, and even the family dog, Sandy—who find themselves doing battle against demons after moving into their Victorian dream home nestled in the quiet community of Brentwood, Pennsylvania, in 1988.
With the help of Catholic priests the Cranmers eventually weaken and then banish the demon. In the process, they uncover horrible crimes that loosed the demonic energy that lay in wait for a vulnerable family.
How it Works
- We will meet or talk on the phone and discuss your goals for your life story project. The initial consultation is free.
- Together we will design a timeline for your project and outline the project step-by-step. All projects are client-driven and are tailored for each individual.
- You will talk, share, and reminisce during your interviews which will be in-person if possible. They will be audio recorded and given to you at the end of the project.
- You will provide photos, mementos and more to be scanned into your final book. These will all be returned to you.
- You will provide whatever information you have about your ancestors so our genealogist, Nancy Kingston, can start researching.
- After the interviews are complete transcribing, organizing, writing and editing take place. Each stage will be submitted for your approval so you’re sure the book is going in the direction you want.
- Trimark Press of Deerfield Beach will put together the completed book, including editing, proofreading, photo restoration and layout. You can order a hard or soft covered book, and e-book.
- What does it cost? Since each person’s story is unique and each project is individually tailored, prices vary. We can work with an hourly rate or flat rate for the entire project. When we discuss your project, I will give you an estimate of the project’s projected cost.